What is the difference between meditation and mindfulness. Recently I joined fellow meditator and Showrunner Harry Duran, the host of Podcast Junkies, to discuss this question and much more.
We explore the importance of meditation teachers and mentors, the power of going on silent retreat, the difference between mindfulness and meditation, the incredibly short time we have here on earth, and more. Here were a few highlights from the show:
- 08:10 – Harry and I talk about EnlightenNext (my former spiritual community).
- 15:00 – I talk about why we started the OneMind Meditation Podcast..
- 24:05 – How did I get interested in meditation?
- 35:45 – Why being grounded in the present moment is so powerful.
- 36:35 – What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- 48:55 – Who were my mentors?
- 57:00 – Why we have to field test what we’ve learned from our mentors and teachers.
- 01:07 – What have I changed my mind about recently?
I recommend Harry’s show, Podcast Junkies if you haven’t listened before. According to Harry, Podcast Junkies was born out of a genuine interest in and curiosity for a growing league of podcast hosts. It’s hosted by Harry and it features wide-ranging, authentic and sometimes candid interviews with this family of voices behind the microphone.